Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkin Lapbook

We have entered the world of lapbooks. What is that? Well, basically it's a child-created portfolio/work/text on a particular subject. They can be used for all ages and all topics and range from simple to complex. We stumbled upon a great link for printables, links, and discussions here
I never knew their were so many great free resources out there! As a homeschooling mom, the internet is like Christmas. Everyone eagerly shares their resources and ideas and everything is just a google and a click away. Anyway, Ms. Kim did a great little pumpkin pocket with the kids at preschool, so we expanded on the idea and made our first lapbook- Pumpkins.
All you need to get started is a file folder and some clear packing tape. We put two folders together to make more pages and create a pocket in the middle to store worksheets and little books.

Carter is very proud of his work and I was impressed by the activities he was able to complete himself. I continually wonder, "where did you learn that?" He is such a sponge for facts. This is our first of many, I'm sure.

No comments: