We had a very happy Valentine's Day last week. The kids were very excited to decorate the house. They love looking back at their crafts from when they were younger and remember.
Every year we excitedly prepare for making Valentines for our friends and family. All the paper, hearts, glitter, stickers, and markers- what's not to smile about. Yet somehow we seem to go downhill fast, every year! I keep thinking it will get easier, but it hasn't happened yet. Maybe next year we'll start in the fall :) In the end they are excited with the results and look forward to handing them out. At least the red will hide the blood, sweat, and tears! Just kidding... mostly.
We had a fun morning planned with some homeschool friends. Kim and I are both past teachers and every so often our classroom tendencies rise to the surface. We had a great morning with our friends enjoying circle time and stories followed by activity centers. Painting heart ornaments...
decorating cookies...
making our own mailboxes...
delivering homemade Valentines...
making candy necklaces and heart mobiles. We finished off the party with a yummy lunch together.
It was such a sweet time. I feel so blessed to spend time surrounded by all these kids. It has been a privilege to watch them grow, many since they were born. Our time together has changed through the years and now involves more questions, conversations, deep thoughts, and growing friendships. I hope to store these memories in my heart for years to come.
After a yummy family dinner at home, it was time for our annual scavenger hunt. The kids look SO forward to this every year. I started doing this when Carter was very young. My parents send a box of surprises and treats every year for the kids. I thought it would be fun to turn them into a game with homemade clues. The kids are able to do it on their own now and love the challenge.
It is so cute to see their excitement!
Happy Valentine's Day to all our friends and family!!!
Every year we excitedly prepare for making Valentines for our friends and family. All the paper, hearts, glitter, stickers, and markers- what's not to smile about. Yet somehow we seem to go downhill fast, every year! I keep thinking it will get easier, but it hasn't happened yet. Maybe next year we'll start in the fall :) In the end they are excited with the results and look forward to handing them out. At least the red will hide the blood, sweat, and tears! Just kidding... mostly.
We had a fun morning planned with some homeschool friends. Kim and I are both past teachers and every so often our classroom tendencies rise to the surface. We had a great morning with our friends enjoying circle time and stories followed by activity centers. Painting heart ornaments...
decorating cookies...
making our own mailboxes...
delivering homemade Valentines...
making candy necklaces and heart mobiles. We finished off the party with a yummy lunch together.
It was such a sweet time. I feel so blessed to spend time surrounded by all these kids. It has been a privilege to watch them grow, many since they were born. Our time together has changed through the years and now involves more questions, conversations, deep thoughts, and growing friendships. I hope to store these memories in my heart for years to come.
After a yummy family dinner at home, it was time for our annual scavenger hunt. The kids look SO forward to this every year. I started doing this when Carter was very young. My parents send a box of surprises and treats every year for the kids. I thought it would be fun to turn them into a game with homemade clues. The kids are able to do it on their own now and love the challenge.
It is so cute to see their excitement!
Happy Valentine's Day to all our friends and family!!!
You are loved!
No comments:
Post a Comment