I thought we had done it.
It seems only fair to Julia that she get through this illness season without having the stomach flu. She has been through SO much, especially from a GI perspective. She doesn't need this, too.
Her little fingers were poking my back at 4am. Unfortunately this is very common, so I wasn't shocked. She has had weeks of pain and fear from everything and has rarely slept through the night. She said her stomach hurt. The weird part? I am actually hoping it's surgical pain and not the stomach flu. Sorry JuJu, but pain meds are much easier. I gave her some and sadly, I saw them again just a few minutes later all over my pillow.
By the time the sun came up I had already done 3 loads of laundry and changed our bed four times. You would think we would have this down to a science by now. It was almost comical. Couldn't find any of the puke buckets. Finally found one only to discover it had cracked on the bottom. I couldn't figure out why everything was getting soaked every time she got sick. It was landing in the bucket after all. I thought I was losing my mind.
By lunch time she had turned the corner and was talking laughing and keeping up with Carter. She was very excited to eat lunch and when I gave her the plate she requested Doritos to go with it. Sorry JuJu, I'm pulling the 'mommy card' on that one. No Doritos today. Though I'm thrilled you feel up to it.
So all in all, it wasn't so bad. I'll take the 6 hour version over the alternative any day. And after life on chemo puking isn't really a big deal around here. The problem comes in that she wants to know why she can't just have her zofran now. Julia knows how to fight back :) Take that germs! You can't keep this princess down for long.
And her brother is working hard to not get it. He would not come in the bedroom with her and proceeded to disinfect all his belongings with a towel and hand sanitizer. He's learned so much :)
It seems only fair to Julia that she get through this illness season without having the stomach flu. She has been through SO much, especially from a GI perspective. She doesn't need this, too.
Her little fingers were poking my back at 4am. Unfortunately this is very common, so I wasn't shocked. She has had weeks of pain and fear from everything and has rarely slept through the night. She said her stomach hurt. The weird part? I am actually hoping it's surgical pain and not the stomach flu. Sorry JuJu, but pain meds are much easier. I gave her some and sadly, I saw them again just a few minutes later all over my pillow.
By the time the sun came up I had already done 3 loads of laundry and changed our bed four times. You would think we would have this down to a science by now. It was almost comical. Couldn't find any of the puke buckets. Finally found one only to discover it had cracked on the bottom. I couldn't figure out why everything was getting soaked every time she got sick. It was landing in the bucket after all. I thought I was losing my mind.
By lunch time she had turned the corner and was talking laughing and keeping up with Carter. She was very excited to eat lunch and when I gave her the plate she requested Doritos to go with it. Sorry JuJu, I'm pulling the 'mommy card' on that one. No Doritos today. Though I'm thrilled you feel up to it.
So all in all, it wasn't so bad. I'll take the 6 hour version over the alternative any day. And after life on chemo puking isn't really a big deal around here. The problem comes in that she wants to know why she can't just have her zofran now. Julia knows how to fight back :) Take that germs! You can't keep this princess down for long.
And her brother is working hard to not get it. He would not come in the bedroom with her and proceeded to disinfect all his belongings with a towel and hand sanitizer. He's learned so much :)
No comments:
Post a Comment