Monday, October 24, 2011

Navy Football

Time for some tailgating.  My dad's class has their tent right on the hill next to the stadium.  The food was incredible (the company, too!)  We feasted like kings!
The weather was picture perfect.


The entire brigade marches in formation through Annapolis into the stadium. A sight to behold...
I always get choked up when the mids are recognized as well as all those serving around the globe.
The band marches in and begins to play.  Then it's time for the flyover...
And we're ready for some football!
We had great seats with a view of all the action.
With every Navy touchdown the mids do their pushups for every point, plus one to "Beat Army"...
I love the firing squad who shot off a round for every touchdown, kickoff, and extra point.
I think we need one in our front yard :)
In the end, Navy couldn't pull of a win.  Southern Miss dominated the first half, though Navy came back to outscore them in the second half.  It was a memorable day all around.  So many memories old and new.  Family, friends, fall, and football- the perfect combination.

No comments: