The past few years my Pappy has been in declining health. For a man who had a heart attack almost 20 years ago, he has lived into old age with a wife of 61 years, a daughter, 2 granddaughters, and 5 great-grandchildren. My life is full of so many wonderful memories of vacations together, weekend visits, trips to new places, fun holidays, and family time. Sadly, he died the week before Christmas.


He worked for Coca-Cola, his entire life. It was a job he loved and a place where he was able to mentor and influence many young guys coming up in the field. (I love this one, too because he almost always had a camera around his neck.)
He was so proud of my sister and I and always there to support, encourage, and love us. He has such a tender heart, joyful spirit, and love of life.
When he became a great-grandpa, the fun began all over again!
He loved every minute of the time he spent with them.
I am so thankful that my kids have had this many years with their Pappy. So many of my passions were sparked by him- family, celebrations, photography, nature, a spirit of adventure, and love of travel. I love to see how those things are being passed on to our kids, too. Julia definitely has his love of horses and Carter will carry on rooting for the Phillies in thick and thin.
Pappy, you are so dearly missed and it was hard to have Christmas without you. We are relieved you are not suffering. Whenever we think of you it is always with joyful memories and that huge grin on your face. Thank you for a lifetime of pouring into your family. We all love you so much.


He worked for Coca-Cola, his entire life. It was a job he loved and a place where he was able to mentor and influence many young guys coming up in the field. (I love this one, too because he almost always had a camera around his neck.)
He was so proud of my sister and I and always there to support, encourage, and love us. He has such a tender heart, joyful spirit, and love of life.
When he became a great-grandpa, the fun began all over again!
He loved every minute of the time he spent with them.
I am so thankful that my kids have had this many years with their Pappy. So many of my passions were sparked by him- family, celebrations, photography, nature, a spirit of adventure, and love of travel. I love to see how those things are being passed on to our kids, too. Julia definitely has his love of horses and Carter will carry on rooting for the Phillies in thick and thin.
Pappy, you are so dearly missed and it was hard to have Christmas without you. We are relieved you are not suffering. Whenever we think of you it is always with joyful memories and that huge grin on your face. Thank you for a lifetime of pouring into your family. We all love you so much.


No comments:
Post a Comment