Carter has been very attuned to smells lately which at times leads to some entertaining commentary.......
One afternoon, as Julia slept, we were sitting together working on one of his preschool projects. We were enjoying the quiet and the time together and he looked at me and smiled. I was expecting him to say something endearing or curious. Instead he said, "Mom, we smell like Wet' N Wild." Sad, but true- that chlorine smell lingers a long time.
We were standing outside the bowling alley waiting for some friends to meet us. He said, "Mom I can smell the bowling pins all the way out here!" I didn't want to get into what that smell actually is......cigarettes, beer, "shared" shoes, old carpet, and they weird stuff in a can that they squirt in all the shoes.......why is it we like bowling so much?! Anyway, I decided not to go there and just enjoyed the smell of the pins right along with him :)
No comments:
Post a Comment