Sunday, April 11, 2010

Midwest Homeschool Convention

My solo flight was to Cincinnati to meet some girl friends for four days at the second largest homeschool convention in the country.  It was an amazing weekend! The conference was wonderful.  The speakers were amazing! I went to 17 sessions and learned so much from each.  And it was more than just school, it was Christian parenting, life lessons, motherhood, friendship, and so much more.  My mind was so full by the end of the day.  I'm so glad I took notes and that the sessions are available for mp3 listening.  I will post more in the future about some of the specifics, but it was definitely worth the trip to Cincinnati!
It was such a treat to get away for the weekend.  For four days there were no chores, children to care for, husbands, or daily life.  It was me, my backpack, and my thoughts.  I highly encourage other homeschooling moms to make it a priority.  I met some wonderful speakers, was able to ask lots of questions, talked to some amazing families, compared notes with other moms in similar situations, researched curriculum, literature, and other resources, ate amazing food,

spent time with dear friends, and finally was able to get my hands on things I had only read about.  The expo hall was mind-blowing! 240 vendors!
I left feeling encouraged, peaceful, and excited about our year ahead.

More to come later!

No comments: