Saturday, May 14, 2011

Mother's Day Moments

It was a wonderful and memorable Mother's Day.  In fact, it was one I will never forget.

Julia was so excited to celebrate.  She made me a purple glitter crown with my card and gifts. I love her generous heart and her gift of encouraging words.  You can't help but smile when she flashes that loving grin your way.
A sweet moment to pause in thankful praise on our harried way out the door for church...
Our church always has a moving Mother's Day service.  This year, I am humbled to say I was asked to be a part of it.  Pastor Don so graciously asked me to share my heart as the mother of young children. I knew this was something God was calling me to do.  It was such a privilege to watch all the pieces fall together in a few short days.  God was clearly at work.  From the worship music to Kelly's skit (around 11min- she is hi.lar.i.ous!) to the children's choir...
Worship - 0508 from WAV Technologies on Vimeo.

Then I was blessed to share some of what God has been teaching me over the past few years.  I was nervous to speak in front of 3,000, but when the time came, it felt like home...
Here is the link to the video. My message is at the start. And my dear friend Lara speaks at the end, so be sure not to miss her message. She is such a passionate mama, on fire for her God...

A Mother's Heart from WAV Technologies on Vimeo.
Church was followed by lunch at Moe's with friends.  You couldn't help but smile looking at our crazy bunch that make us 'moms'.
I ended the day with my traditional Mother's Day manual labor.  I don't know exactly why, but somehow I always end up doing some sort of project on this day every year- staining the deck, yardwork, painting our bedroom...
That's okay, I actually really love painting. And it gave me some time to reflect on the day.  God has been so good through every step of our journey.  It was incredible to be used so tangibly today.  He is doing even greater things.

No comments: