Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy Birthday Carter and Mimi!

Carter was born on his Mimi's birthday and is very excited that they are "birthday buddies". Since the day comes right after the holidays, we are still in PA for them to celebrate together. We eat at Carter's favorite kind of restaurant... Japanese hibachi.
This one has lots of fun perks including hot towels and lots of flying food. Carter missed his, but Mimi caught hers :)
After a yummy meal we went back to the house for gifts and cake with some family.
We couldn't bring Carter's gift with us from NC, so we gave him a box with Scrabble tiles and he had to decode the mystery.
He was thrilled with the answer!
The cake was a mint chocolate chip ice cream cake- so delicious!! 
Happy Birthday Mimi and Carter!!
And I have to say that I cannot get enough of Julia's new braids. She asked me to put them in after her bath one day and now loves them. The great part is they can stay in for days and look great. My heart smiles and I choke up a bit every time I see them. Her pigtail prayers have been answered...
...what cancer once stole, her God has so faithfully restored and we thank Him for this simple beauty. Never taking a single day for granted.

1 comment:

Becca said...

So thankful God has returned to you what was stolen! :)