After football season, we had a little break from Carter's sporting activities. It's a good thing, but we all miss it and are glad it's brief. At the end of February, we get the season rolling with soccer tryouts and the momentum picks up fast. By March we are spending Saturday mornings on the sidelines again- so fun!
We've been really happy with the team Carter was picked for this year. The parents are great, the coaches committed, and the kids have a good mix of skills that really mesh well (okay, so maybe the meshing hasn't happened yet, but all the right pieces are there).
The coach asked the parents for goalie volunteers before the first game. Carter loves to play goalie and was thrilled to do his part for half the game.
Julia still enjoys being on the sidelines, cheering for her brother. She found a fun ladybug friend to keep her company...
We're off to a great season and have seen such growth in the kids already. I love kids' sports! And you'd be happy to know I haven't cried, yet. Though I have choked up a little. I just love watching all these kids try so hard to do their best. Last game it was one of the goalies on Carter's team. He was way out of his element and quite overwhelmed. The other team took full advantage and scored repeatedly. By the end of the half he blocked three shots in a row! So proud, and I don't even know the kid.
We are also in the midst of Hitting Camp at the...
Carter came to a camp here last year and we were so impressed by everyone that worked with the kids. As baseball continues to remain his top sport we wanted to help him develop good skills and habits early. They have nailed it with this camp.
The kids are taught a 10 step swing and drilled in all the specific parts. They even do video analysis of their swings and compare with the pros. Crazy! But so effective. It is definitely sticking with Carter and his form looks really good.
Hard to believe baseball season is just around the corner!
The coach asked the parents for goalie volunteers before the first game. Carter loves to play goalie and was thrilled to do his part for half the game.
Julia still enjoys being on the sidelines, cheering for her brother. She found a fun ladybug friend to keep her company...
We're off to a great season and have seen such growth in the kids already. I love kids' sports! And you'd be happy to know I haven't cried, yet. Though I have choked up a little. I just love watching all these kids try so hard to do their best. Last game it was one of the goalies on Carter's team. He was way out of his element and quite overwhelmed. The other team took full advantage and scored repeatedly. By the end of the half he blocked three shots in a row! So proud, and I don't even know the kid.
We are also in the midst of Hitting Camp at the...
Carter came to a camp here last year and we were so impressed by everyone that worked with the kids. As baseball continues to remain his top sport we wanted to help him develop good skills and habits early. They have nailed it with this camp.
The kids are taught a 10 step swing and drilled in all the specific parts. They even do video analysis of their swings and compare with the pros. Crazy! But so effective. It is definitely sticking with Carter and his form looks really good.
Hard to believe baseball season is just around the corner!
No comments:
Post a Comment