Thursday, August 21, 2008

Emerald Isle 2008- A little piece of beach heaven!

I know you've all been eagerly waiting for pictures from our vacation. I had bold plans to post while we were away- sorry- didn't happen. We had an amazing week and feel so blessed for the time away. It's been a sad adjustment back to real life. I took almost 500 pictures and have been overwhelmed by choosing just a few, so here's the first set.....

We stay in amazing oceanfront house just steps from the beach with it's own pool. We are so thrilled to be back in this house for the second time....

Mimi and Grandpa had a surprise for Carter- his first set of utilities! He was beyond excited and assumed the role of "little Marine" immediately. I finally fought it away from him to wash after 3 days!
Here he is patrolling the pool on the deck...And he found it quite impressive that the Marines flew over twice a day as he played on the beach.....just checkin' in........
Julia didn't waste anytime getting into full vacation mode.....let the fun begin!We are definitely "water fans" , all of us. We get so spoiled having our own pool on the deck.....And Anderson fits right in. His happiest moments were spent splashing around in the pool....
Time for our first trip down to the water. Julia is in her element with Grandpa and Daddy, soaking up the love from her two favorite guys........Sand between my toes, it doesn't get any better than this :)We are all so happy to be here. We long for the ocean all year and look forward to the family time we get to spend here. I pray we all leave refreshed, renewed, and reconnected to each other and God who created this masterpiece we get to enjoy. It's true what they say, heaven's a little closer in a house by the sea :)

.........more to come...........

No comments: