Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Backyard Fun

We had a fun-filled day yesterday. In the morning we met Emily and the boys to walk. I finally got to use our new baby jogger (my early birthday present!) I've been pushing the kids in a sit n' stand, but they are way too heavy now and those wheels are not made for walking. We found a great deal online for a double jogger, on sale, free shipping, no tax, fully reclines, dual shades, one step folding, adjustable handle, swivel wheels, and it fits in stores (I don't put Julia in shopping carts for now.). It's paradise! It is one of the few currently on the market that comfortably fits preschoolers and adjusts for tall people. We all love it!! Walking is so much easier now. So until we can go back to the gym in the winter, this is my new fitness regimen.
Then we ran out to get gas, get Chloe's food, and pick up a new pool. How does one carry a large pool to the checkout? Like a turtle, of course. Yes, the kids were in there...

I always wondered why more people don't but the larger pool with the slide. Now I know- they can't get it in their car. This didn't cross my mind at all until I got out to the parking lot! This is our first year getting a hard-sided pool. I needed something that I could scrub daily to keep it clean for Julia to swim in.

So, time to get creative. I went back in and bought some rope and tied it to the top of the van. Now I know why they taught us to tie knots in Girl Scouts- for 'mommy moments' like this. It was quite a sight, but I got it on. The kids were amused with the whole process. Then I drove home with my arm out the window holding it down, so it didn't blow off. The things we do for our kids!
It was totally worth it. They played all afternoon- squealing, laughing, and splashing,

Then it was time for popsicles and a long nap for Julia
Carter and Lily moved on to the sprinkler...
It was a sunny summer afternoon around here. Julia is doing pretty well. Her side effects seem about the same this week. She has had some pain and has been sleeping more, but overall is handling it well.

No comments: