Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Home Now

Julia's blood transfusion went very smoothly. She didn't have any reactions to the blood products. She watched Noggin on TV for the first hour and then napped for an hour. They brought her dinner around 5pm and she finished around 6pm. We were out the door in no time and headed back home, finally. This is not at all how I thought the day would go when we pulled out of the driveway at 8am.

So now I am packing, cleaning, and organizing like a crazy person. Julia and I head to DC in the morning (shhh Carter doesn't know I'm going to Mimi and Grandpa's- he just knows I'm going to see friends). I'm really looking forward to seeing all my best friends from high school whom I have not seen in 15 years!! It will definitely be good for my soul :) Carter and Daddy will be enjoying lots of fun guy time this weekend.

Thank you all for your prayers, emails, and phone calls today. We really appreciate everything.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad yesterday went well and fast! Praying everything goes well and you guys have a great trip! Thinking about you.
Julie J.

Captain 67 said...

We are so glad that the bllod transfusion went so well and had such a good result.

We read the blog and pray for you guys every day.

David, Esther, Taylor, and Jordan

Anonymous said...

This is an amazing legacy of your family's challenges, your unbelievable strength and your wealth in God's grace. What a role model you all are. We keep you in our hearts and prayers! Thanks you so much for sharing.