Friday, January 8, 2010

Note to self...

Never underestimate the creativity and initiative of a group of preschoolers.   The innovation grows exponentially!


Exhibit A:  A 6, 5, and 3 year old playing outside in freezing weather in January will not find it at all unusual or inappropriate to soak themselves with the hose.  The crazy part is they were not at all cold or upset about being wet.  They just didn't like that they were dripping when they walked.  They were so completely soaked in water. Their pants, socks, dresses, coats, etc. were all saturated and dripping like a faucet.

The kids were playing in the garage and driveway riding their bikes.  It has been bitterly cold so we were happy for the slightly warmer sunny day for a break in cabin fever.  As we cleaned up in the kitchen, they came in the open door dripping all over the floor.  We couldn't help but laugh in astonishment.

I so wish I had a picture, just for the memories and to show them when they're older :) 

I asked Carter later what happened...
 
"I sprayed Lily with the hose because it was her turn."
"For what?"
"A free shower. She was offering us free showers with the hose."
"Why did you turn the hose on in the middle of winter?"
"Because we were using it to water the flowers and plants that were dead in the yard."

"Of course."

I love their cooperation and creativity.  Oh, to be a child again- so carefree!

No comments: