Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Prayers for Skye and her Family

Please pray for sweet little Skye Getter and her family.  She has fought a grueling four year battle against Wilms' and cannot fight anymore.  Please pray for her family as they prepare to send their baby home.

And as her mom always tells us, "HUG YOUR KIDS.  Only God knows how long he's loaning them to us for."

We spend a lot of time just cuddling on the couch around here because the kids request it.  Schedules, cleaning, errands, showers, and chores can wait.  Our kids need us and our love.  That's the way God intended it to be.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Amen. That last paragraph could have easily been written by me, as we feel the same way at our house and most every time will stop whatever we are doing to cuddle on demand.
I followed the link to Skye's page and my heart aches and tears flow for her family and all they are going through. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Unknown said...

Hi I follow Skye's Page on Caringbridbe may god stand by skye and her family in these hard days ♥ I also follow your blog here,

I am a Mum to a wilms Warrior too "Alexandria"

you have said it well on that last paragraph I always am putting things of to hug my girls and it is a unknown timespan but make what we can with the time we have ♥♥
love and blessings to you all ♥