Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Fall Ball

Tonight was the first game of the season.  Carter has aged up to the U-8 league and chose to play baseball this fall instead of soccer.  He is so excited to finally be in the league that plays for outs and keeps score.
Daddy has grown into his role as head coach well.  He planned to help out with Carter's team this year, but at the initial skills test, he ended up head coaching one of the teams.
Carter made some good plays...
...had a few strikeouts and a few hits...
One of his favorite parts is that they finally have catchers- his favorite position.  Our little Carlos Ruiz in action...
and you know you're movin' on up when the team hangs out in the dugout...
We're looking forward to a great season.  though I don't know if I have the nerves for it.  Does anyone else cry at kids sports? I just can't help myself.  I see all these kids, their coaches, and parents and then spend a few hours watching them strive, fail, succeed, learn, and grow.  I get teary just thinking about it.  Don't worry, I'm not one of those moms.  I keep it to myself (keep my sunglasses on) and just encourage the team from the stands!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Ha! I just posted a post with the same title! How funny.
I love watching the kids play... but there is always at least one dad who is crazy competitive and makes me feel sad for his kid.
Thankfully, most parents are sane :-)
Hope you have a wonderful season!
www.thehauthouse.com