Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Pools, Princesses, Painting, and Peaches

Julia's been having quite a bit of pain since Tuesday afternoon. It's hard to determine exactly where. She has been whining and crying a lot and wanting to be held. She complains that her teeth and jaw hurt. Tylenol has been taking the edge of and helping her to cope. I hate seeing her so sad.

We've been hanging close to home and going with the flow. Tuesday was in the 90s and it seemed like a perfect first day for the pool. We are so blessed that are dear friends have a neighborhood pool close to our home. The greatest thing is that it always empty. This is the perfect situation for us because I can prevent her exposure to other children and just let her have fun. It hit me while we were there that summer has snuck in while we've been at the hospital. I love summer and can't believe it's really here.

The kids only took a few minutes to get back into the swing of swimming and they were off. They both love the water and were jumping off the side in no time...

Carter and Julia have been playing so well together. It is such a nice change from the sibling rivalry and squabbles of last summer and fall. They have found their groove with each other and can play almost anything. It's fun to see them go from baseball to kitchen to dollhouse to cars to tanks to babies. I love having one of each sex where everything is fair game and they are free to play and explore wherever their imaginations take them. Julia has spent a lot of time donning her princes gear...

Carter woke me at 7:20 the other morning saying he needed to paint. I held him off for about half an hour and then we were painting, before breakfast! We've left the easel up in the kitchen and the kids have made many masterpieces...

And one of my favorite parts of June... it's peach season. I LOVE peaches. I have been known to eat 5 a day in June. Julia loves them just as much. We both dove into these beauties as soon as we brought them home...

...and some produce of our own! We now harvest our own greens for salads.and there's yellow squash growing, too.

2 comments:

Jeni said...

Those peaches look divine!

Anonymous said...

We will continue to pray for comfort and minimal side effect for Julia. We are also praying for strength for each one of you!
Love,
Bekah