He started swimming lessons for the first time and did a great job. At the end of 10 lessons they have an open session for parents to watch. We were so impressed with how much he learned in a short time. He has always been comfortable in the water, had little reservation, and found ways to get around; but never learned formal strokes. This week that all changed...
This week was also the end of the baseball season. It has been another great time and we are sad to see it end.
This past week Carter is attending Challenger soccer camp taught by British Soccer. If they ever come your way, don't miss out.
(Wish me luck, too, because the moms get to play soccer for the last day and I think Coach Steph will turn out to be tougher than she looks :)
Fortunately, fall soccer starts the week after next. Can you even believe it?! I know I can't!!
**********************
Julia is doing okay. It's been a tough week for her. Chemo treatment is such a 'one step forward, three steps back' process. Her body was recovering well from the past rounds and she was doing good. Then we hit back with the 'heavy' drugs and now it seems we're back where we started again. She's been feeling bad and it's hard to pinpoint exactly where or how. She cries and whines most of the day. I am digging deep to keep my gentleness through it all because day after day whining- whatever the reason- is hard to handle. We are trying to mediate her pain and discomforts with the medicines, but it changes so often its hard to feel like we're controlling it. Hopefully something is making a dent...
Julia is doing okay. It's been a tough week for her. Chemo treatment is such a 'one step forward, three steps back' process. Her body was recovering well from the past rounds and she was doing good. Then we hit back with the 'heavy' drugs and now it seems we're back where we started again. She's been feeling bad and it's hard to pinpoint exactly where or how. She cries and whines most of the day. I am digging deep to keep my gentleness through it all because day after day whining- whatever the reason- is hard to handle. We are trying to mediate her pain and discomforts with the medicines, but it changes so often its hard to feel like we're controlling it. Hopefully something is making a dent...
She's been very tired, but not sleeping well. She gets up several times during the night and has been up by 6am or sleeping in until 9:30am. Carter has been a great big brother, finding things they can play and keeping her company in her pain. I am blessed to see their relationship continue to grow through all of this...
4 comments:
that last pic brought me to tears. it's one i think juju and carter will hold onto for years to come.
Dear Amber,
I have not met you yet, but think I saw Julia in clinic a few weeks ago playing with Lily Blackman. I saw Julia's new page on our St. Baldrick's site and thought I would touch base with you. I am Vinny's Mom - the one who wrote the St. Baldrick's event letter. My friend, Ginger owns the restaurant and we hold this event every year. It is amazing. We were also in your shoes last year at Camp Brenner, as we lovingly call #9. After 11 months there, Vinny has been cancer free for 7 months!!!! Our next MRI is on Monday. Never give up hope, and never stop believing that miracles do occur. I have seen them every day on our ward. My e-mail is sdigerolamo@gmail.com and Vinny's site is www.caringbridge.org/visit/vinnydigerolamo
Please write when you have time and I will fill you in on St. Baldricks!!!
Love,
Sarah
Hi Amber! So much to say.. I have been trying to find a way to contact you for the last month or so, since I learned about Julia. So glad you commented on Matheson's caringbridge site and left your blog site! Cancer is such a crazy thing! And to our babies! Man, what special little people they must be, for God to give them such a challenge and such an opportunity at such a young age! It seems from looking at your blog that we have many other things in common too - homeschooling and all... Anyway, hope we can talk more! Feel free to email me anytime! And we will be praying for Julia!
Holly
hollybarber@triad.rr.com
We are praying for sweet Julia that God will provide her with comfort and rest. Praying for strength for all of you!
Love,
Bekah
Post a Comment