Monday, September 22, 2008

Amazing!

Look what Cookie did! In a matter of a few hours, the caterpillar finished munching on milkweed leaves, climbed up the side, hung upside down in the shape of a J, attached itself to the lid by spinning silk, and formed a perfect little chrysalis around it's long chubby body. The crazy part is it's entire body turns into LIQUID to fit inside! and in 2 weeks a neatly folded, perfectly formed butterfly will emerge.
It is fascinating to witness such a miracle. I still find myself staring at it in awe. It's so perfectly designed. It has precise lines of dots all around it that sparkle like little diamonds- just a hint of what's happening inside.

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Wanted to thank you for your recent comment on my blog- I needed that and you always know just where I'm at and what to say. Yes, would love to get the kiddos together too- any weekends that work for you this fall? Other than the weekends of 10/10 and 11/15, I am free. I miss you and would love to catch up!