Friday, December 26, 2008

From PA to DC

After a fun-filled week in PA, we headed to Mimi and Grandpa's for the rest of our vacation. This has become one of our favorite places to visit. They have the privilege of living in Barracks Row in the city. Their house is the second one in the picture.There is so much to see and do. The Metro station is two blocks up the street which makes it very easy to get around. Is so nice to be able to go visit one of the museums for an hour or two and come back for naps. And all the sights are free, amazing!
We've fallen in love with city life- all the excitement, museums, cultural events, walking to stores, the people. Though I must say as soon as it gets really cold or rains my tune changes. It's no fun carting around kids in those conditions and I admire the city folk who do it. I always wondered why they gave you rain covers with strollers- this is why. I love all the views, too. here's one from the upstairs window.......
The weekend we arrived the weather was summer-like, in the 70s. It felt so good to be outside. Julia took advantage of the swing in the commandant's yard, while Mommy actually went running. It's been a LONG time....

Poor Julia, her big gift for Christmas was the Rose Petal Cottage, but we wouldn't let her open it because we were leaving so soon. Daddy put it together when we got to DC and she LOVES IT!

Mimi said: "I love your new playhouse Julia, what's your new address?"

Julia answered: "I don't have a dress. I'm naked!!"

Here's Julia making breakfast for baby Mia, while Anderson helps himself....I always have to laugh. In the rose garden outside their house is a missile. That's what you get with the military. Some families call themselves tree-huggers and we hug.....oh well. We definitely love our armed forces :)We've been helping the kids learn about all the monuments in DC. We were driving to dinner one night on 395 and they're all illuminated. We told carter we'd pass the Capitol next to look out the window. He yelled, "I see it, but I can only see the lid!"

No comments: