With a house full of preschoolers, we deal a lot in sticker charts, positive praise, and rewards. Sometimes I've thought it would be nice if the parents had one, too. If you ever want a reality check ask your children what you should have a sticker chart for. Carter told me mine would be for "being nice" and Daddy's was for "not working in Florida" (apparently Carter didn't like the back-to-back work week trips). Point taken.
Anyway, Carter has been still wearing pull-ups at night which was no big deal to us. In October he announced he wasn't wearing them anymore. I told him that was great, BUT he had to stay dry 3 nights in a row. I hate changing washing, and replacing wet sheets- especially in the middle of the night- ranks right up there with being barfed on in my book. And sure enough, he did. Now my question, "Why have you been peeing in them every other night?" Not that I'm complaining. So, just like that we were done with pull-ups, yay! Now, what to do with the stockpile in the closet (we're coupon/deal shoppers). We decided to try and take them back to our local stuff-mart, who takes back anything, no questions asked and they gave us $40- bonus! So our reward? Two tickets to see David Crowder Band at our church in February! Awesome!! Sometimes there are rewards built in for the parents, too :)
2 comments:
Did this local stuff-mart happen to start with a W because I have some Stage 1 diapers that need to go back!! :)
Yes, it did and they were happy to do it. Some give cash while others give gift cards, so you'll have to see what they offer- but hey, I'll take either :)
Post a Comment