He was in his element being back on the field. It wasn't long before he had the other parents in stitches because he coaches and commentates through the whole practice. This kid lives in 'play by play mode'. His head is like a highlight reel. He has watched so much Sportscenter that he knows the backhand shots always make the tape, so he tries to make every catch that way and he never misses a chance to dive. Such a nut!
Carter's hitting well these days and loves that the tees are gone this year. He is movin on up.
His little body actually comes off the ground when he hits...
Pregame huddle before the first game for their 'virtue of the day' lesson and prayer time...
Carter is loving every minute!
He has intense focus...
***************
We were all back at church Sunday morning. It was so good for everyone. Community worship is such a vital piece of the Christian walk and our church family is just that- 'family' to us. Having to miss Sunday service really effects us after a while. It was definitely the boost I needed to face a new week.
Carter and I had a fun afternoon on Sunday at the waterpark. Several of his friends showed up and he had a blast playing with kids again. It was so good for him to get a chance to just play. We shared lots of yummy treats and he watched the people playing at the game booths. he has been fascinated with them since he was a toddler. I have never let him play because of the cost and difficulty. He really wanted me to do the football game (throwing a regular football through a hole). I told him I would do one toss for $1 and I am shocked and proud to say-- I made it! He got to choose a play football. He was so excited and Mom has definitely earned some cool points :)
Carter and I had a fun afternoon on Sunday at the waterpark. Several of his friends showed up and he had a blast playing with kids again. It was so good for him to get a chance to just play. We shared lots of yummy treats and he watched the people playing at the game booths. he has been fascinated with them since he was a toddler. I have never let him play because of the cost and difficulty. He really wanted me to do the football game (throwing a regular football through a hole). I told him I would do one toss for $1 and I am shocked and proud to say-- I made it! He got to choose a play football. He was so excited and Mom has definitely earned some cool points :)
Poor Julia took a nasty spill this afternoon. She was having fun doing a workout tape with me and when she was walking across the living room she tripped and hit her face on the coffee table. She thankfully spared her teeth, but hit her upper lip, nose, and cheek. Poor thing! Adding insult to injury, she already has so much jaw and teeth pain from the chemo. Her swollen face is pitiful, but she is handling it well so far.
1 comment:
Carter looks like a pro out there! :) So glad you have been able to get out and enjoy some fun activities! Hope Julia is feeling better soon! Praying for you all!
Bekah
Post a Comment