If you don't follow her (Mckmama) blog, we are sending up prayers today for her sweet baby boy Stellan who was diagnosed with a fatal heart condition, born healthy, but since the spring has had intense bouts with intractable SVT of his heart. I, too, have SVT though my is controlled (mostly) by daily medication. I was literally on my knees praying for this baby the morning of Julia's cancer diagnosis, having no clue of what lay ahead in our future.Stellan is 8 months old and has been in SVT (heart rate in the 200s) for over 3 days. Speaking from experience I can tell you it is a horrible feeling. The best I can compare it to is running a sprint while laying down. You hear your racing heartrate in your head and feel like it will beat out of your chest. I have never been in SVT for that many days and cannot imagine the shear exhaustion and discomfort. He has had countless doses of adenosine to stop and restart his heart (very painful), lasix, transfusions, beta blockers, etc. Stellan's body is not handling it well and is shutting down. He is being airlifted to Boston to the Children's Hospital where they attempted ablation several months ago to attempt further treatment. Her other 3 children will stay behind.
Please pray for sweet Stellan and his family...
No comments:
Post a Comment