Friday, May 29, 2009
Successful Road Trip
Thank you all for your prayers for our trip and for Julia. I am happy to report that both are well. Julia has been handling this round of chemo very well. She did have zofran the first two days because I couldn't bear the thought of making her sit in a car seat for hours and feeling nauseous, so either it worked or her nausea has been light. She's had a good appetite this week and has been eating at every stop along the way.
We had a great pit stop in DC. The weather was picture-perfect and we enjoyed some time outside playing in the gardens, going for wagon rides, playing baseball, and visiting with friends. We had pizza for dinner and Julia downed 3 pieces! Then we headed down to the gym so Carter and Grandpa could play racquetball and workout. Julia got in on the action this time and was doing the leg machines and lifting weights- so cute. They actually have these little pink 1 lb weights! Who uses these? (Granted we were at the Navy base, not the Marines. Is this what the sailors workout with?! Too funny!) Anyway, I didn't have my camera with me. I know, I always have it. So you'll have to use your imagination. She was adorable. We all got some sleep and headed to PA the next morning.
Our drive went great. We lucked out both legs to not hit traffic or bad weather and the new DVD player is working smashingly. The kids have been having fun playing with their great grandparents. The Phillies play tonight so we'll definitely be watching. We're looking forward to seeing everyone at the wedding tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Praise the Lord! I am glad that your trip went well and Julia did well too :)
Post a Comment