Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Say A Prayer

Julia had a very low fever last night, but it was short-lived.  Tonight she spiked a higher fever- 102.5.  Anything over 100 is danger for a chemo/cancer patient.  I talked to Dr. Wofford ('Dr. Waffle') earlier this evening.  She feels comfortable waiting until tomorrow as long as Julia seems okay.  Her counts were holding steady last week and chemo was over two weeks ago, so for now we will wait.

She is asleep now.  She complains her legs hurt, she is somewhat restless and unsettled, and can't find anything she wants to eat.  We pray she sleeps well tonight and receives a simple diagnosis.  Carter and I both have run of the mill mild colds (but no fevers).  So for tonight we wait and pray...

Thank you to all my prayer warriors out there lifting us up and easing our burden.  You are a true blessing to each and every one of us.

When I turned on the radio tonight, Jeremy Camp's song was on I Still Believe.  It was the affirming truth and encouragement I needed to hear right now...


Scattered words and empty thoughts
Seem to pour from my heart
I've never felt so torn before
Seems i dont know where to start
But its now i feel your grace fall like rain
From every fingertip washing away my pain

I still believe in your faithfulness
I still believe in your truth
I still believe in your holy word
Even when I don't see I still believe

Though the questions still fog up my mind
With promises i still seem to bear
Even when answers slowly unwind
It's my heart I see you prepare
But its now that I feel your grace fall like rain
From every fingertip washing away my pain

The only place I can go is into your arms
Where I throw to you my feeble prayers in brokeness
I can see that this is your will for me
Help me to know you are near.

4 comments:

Tricia said...

I am awake praying even now. God bless.

Anonymous said...

Amber,

Lifting you, Julia, Carter, and Billy up this morning. And praising God for your steadfast faith and hope.

Jill

Emily said...

Lifting you all up again now...I pray your day is filled with His Grace & Goodness, no matter what circumstances may ensue. Love you.
Emily & Tom

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for Julia. I hope the fever is gone this morning.
Many of Jeremy Camp's songs have carried me through rough times in my life. His lyrics are so powerful and so true.
Much love and prayers,
Mary Justice