Then we got ready to head to Brenners. Carter was offered the last minute opportunity to head to the zoo with friends. He jumped at it and was beyond excited. We dropped him off and headed to the hospital. The clinic was a busy place today. As soon as we walked in Ms. Dianne and Ms. Tammy both said, "What is the deal with Wednesdays?!" Our sentiments exactly. Though if we have to pick a day of the week to do this, I'll take a weekday over a weekend any day.
They drew her labs with a finger prick. She was very happy to not need port access. Then we waited. It was actually nice being there. It's a safe place for us and one of the few places Julia goes these days. We enjoyed being surrounded by people and kicked back to relax and wait.
Her labs came back and Ms. Tammy brought them out to us. Everything has dropped since last week, but nothing is dangerously low right now or needs intervention. Since we were already there and she has been on and off febrile, Dr. McLean wanted to see her. So we waited another hour. He was very sweet with her and concerned. He doesn't see any big red flags. He still thinks she had a virus last week that she is continuing to fight off. He wants us to call him tonight if the fever comes back and bring her in for admission and IV antibiotics if she hits 103*
We headed home with a stop at the ChickfilA drive thru on the way. It was 2pm and we were both starving. I am happy to say she ate 6 chicken nuggets and lemonade- yay! We might be going back tomorrow if it means she'll eat :) We got back to the house to wait for Carter. Julia played happily for about 20 min, then came out to say, "Where is my brother?" I love that they miss each other when they're apart. They've played great together all night and been inseparable- so sweet. I love to hear their little conversations, "How was the zoo today Carter?" and "How was the hospital?"
At this point in their conversation Carter was asking her what is her favorite thing about the Phillies. Her answer, "The way they smile at me." She's a nut :)
3 comments:
I am glad things went well. I will keep praying.
Continuing to think of you and pray for you. Is it just me, or is JuJu's hair starting to grow back? Love you-
Amber - I came across your blog a couple of weeks ago. While I can't imagine what it is like to have a child with cancer, I am the spouse of a cancer survivor. My husband was diagnosed with testicular carcinoma almost eighteen years ago. He underwent chemo and a bone marrow transplant and has been cancer free for sixteen years.
We thank God for the doctors, but we know who the True Healer is. Praying for you.
Post a Comment