We are all aching to be outside. It's been a long day on little sleep. I'm happy to say everyone's health is improving since yesterday. Billy went back to work and to the doctor today who gave him some helpful medication. Carter was treated to a house call by Dr. Tom. I was so thankful to not have to take everyone out to the doctor's office. He does have an infection in one of his ears. Fortunately tube patients keep antibiotic drops on hand all the time. We're just happy to know the tube is still working properly. Carter was tickled to be checked in his own living room. It was even cooler because Dr. Tom forgot his stethoscope and had to borrow Carter's! Even a $7.95 Jr. stethoscope can do the trick in a pinch :)
Julia slept in this morning and is doing well. She's moving more slowly and obviously having more discomfort in her abdomen. She was eating well today and was elated when her friend Claire came to play. They painted and giggled like little girls should. It was music to my ears and just what the doctor ordered for all of us. They had a great time playing dollhouse, taking their babies for pretend walks, and calling their grandpas on their pretend phones. Tonight while we laid on the couch playing 'HiHoCherry-O', she said, 'Mommy, are my people coming over tomorrow?' I asked, 'Who are your people?' 'You know, Lily, Claire, and Annmarie.' Got it JuJu, I'll have my people call your people.
A huge thanks to Bethany for dropping off all the sanitizing products. It definitely eased some of my neuroses today trying to keep the sick half of the family from contaminating the well half. Thank you Jeni for the sweet care package. Everything was just right for each of us and has brought many hours of amusement today. We miss you , too. Annmarie, thanks for the extra hands and reminding me to shower. I truly had forgotten. Thank you Carol for the delicious dinner- the kids ate, too :) and your heartfelt gifts, you are wonderful to us. Jenna, thank you for the beautiful pictures you guys made. They are hanging in our kitchen where I read them often. And to all of you who call and email- Thank you. I read every word and it brightens my days to hear from all of you.
I am learning to juggle things now. I want to keep our days as normal as possible, but I also have to help Julia recover. At this point I wish I could clone myself to give them both the attention and affection they need. it has been a hard day for Julia not having me at her disposal, but Carter has missed me and doesn't feel well, too. We spent a lot of time with the three of us in the same 2x2 area. Hopefully this works for awhile.
3 comments:
The pictures are so sweet. Glad that Julia is back in her 'element'...hope you are enjoying the sunshine today :) Jack can't wait to see her & Carter again. Love & prayers for you continue as you strive to abide...abide in His love.
I hope you are enjoying this beautiful sunny day. God is so good!
Hope your weekend is enjoyable with all the sunshine.
Much love and prayers,
Mary Justice
Amber!
Thank you for continuing to write on your blog. I hope it also helps you to cleanse your head by collecting your thoughts and journaling about all the happenings. It sure does help me know how to pray for all of you!! So thank you for taking the time to do it. . .though I do hope it is benefiting you as well.
2 quick things:
It is so neat that you have a pediatrician friend in Tom Dillard. . .who makes house calls! And uses a child's stethoscope at that. Too cool!! The Lord provides and in amusing ways!
I love the picture of Carter beating Shana at fooz ball!! Classic! That's a great one!
We're thinking of you constantly and praying for you!
With Love, Helen
Post a Comment