Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Prayers for Nicholas

One of our dear friends is back at Brenners this week with her sweet boy Nicholas. Please pray for his recovery in the PICU that his lungs will clear, his pneumonia will resolve, and he will be ready for extubation.

Here's his short story.......
Hi! My name is Nicholas James. I was born on September 15th 2006 weighing in at a big 4.7 lbs. I was quite a surprise for my mommy and daddy but a great one! I was born with Down syndrome and a heart defect. Mommy and daddy don't care about the Down syndrome. They say it is just a word and they love me for how God made me-perfect in His image.
On April 26th I went in to Brenner Children's hospital to have my heart repaired. I have CAVC or Complete Atrioventricular Canal Defect and Tetrology of Fallot. The surgery went really well but a week later things started changing. My lungs were filling up with fluid and started collapsing. My heart couldn't handle the stress. On May 4th, I went into cardiac arrest. I had a hard time making it but thanks to the Lord and my wonderful friends at Brenners I did make it. I was without oxygen for a while so I suffered some brain injury. I stayed on life support for one week and then was able to come off. Neurology said due to my brain injury that I would never breathe, eat, laugh, cry, walk or any of those things. It wasn't humanly possible but we know that ALL things are possible through Jesus Christ!! Today I am doing many of those things everyone thought impossible!!

We have become friends with the Richardsons at church where we serve in the nurseries under Lisa and our children are growing up together. We were actually at Brenners with Julia (when she had her EM reaction to penicillin) when Nicholas went into cardiac arrest and were praying fervently for him from several floors away. We have lifted each other up many times since.
Please say a special prayer for Nicholas' siblings. They have had a hard, long journey through all of this and are all very special sensitive souls. Please visit their blog to learn more about this amazing family and the miracles God has performed in their lives already.

1 comment:

The Richardsons said...

Could you be any sweeter?? I have loved getting to know you Amber. Amazing that our life situations have brought us closer. All in his perfect plan.... Thank you for the prayers and sweet comments on your blog. That means a lot. Let us know when you will be here with JuJu-we will still be here this weekend and would love to see you guys. Know we are praying for all of you right now and will continue.

I am so sad I missed Timothy and Julia on Sunday! I KNOW that was a great sight!! Tell Carter that Brandon prays for him every night now.

Happy Anniversary! Give Julia hugs!
Praying and love you guys-Lisa