When Diane came in to do her assessment and exam, she was shocked when she walked in the room. She said, "She still has her hair? Has she lost any?" According to all the numbers, statistics, and her real life experience; Julia should have lost all or at least a good portion of her hair by now.
I am pleased to say she hasn't lost any! The only people losing hair around here are Billy and me. She clearly did not get our thin and thinning hair genes. She's got her Mimi's brown eyes and curly locks, apparently she also has her thick head of hair. Diane told us it still may happen, but she could be the extreme exception to the rule and lose very little or it may just thin. For once being in the 1-2% would be a good thing in this cancer fight!!
I am proud to say her hair is actually growing through all of this! Her ringlets now touch her shoulders...
We've had a great Tuesday. Julia was complaining some this morning saying she just didn't feel good. She took zofran and tylenol and it seemed to help. We had a good time doing school this morning. This girl has quite a fondness for glue and glitter- wow! I've learned not to turn my head :) Then we headed to storytime. It has been months since we've been back. It felt like such a normal thing to do which was great. The kids were excited and still remembered all the songs and rhymes. They loved the stories and film today.
I find it is still hard to be in large group settings. I've learned to stay in the corner with her and keep a circle of kids I know around us, like a shield. It is hard to let my guard down and I don't think I will for a long time. I'm always watching for sickness, poor hygeine, and then there's the vaccine issue. (Don't worry I'm not judging your kid when I stare, just trying to figure out how old they are and what recent vaccines they would have received.) Everything worked out this morning, we were in and out quickly, and the kids had fun. We came home for Julia's nap and Mary took Carter to gymnastics (thank you!!). This afternoon we headed outside to enjoy the sunshine and cooler temps. It was the perfect night to play outside and we did. We hung out with Jodi, catching up, and playing sports. Everyone was worn out by bedtime. It was a really good day.
2 comments:
Praise the Lord for the "little" blessings! :) He is so good in all things!
Awesome news. Julia has beautiful ringlets:) Still praying for you all each and every day!
Post a Comment