Thursday, May 7, 2009

Quiet Moments by Nightlight

The time I spend with Julia before bed has become one of the best moments of my days. She goes to bed so easily and willingly. She actually says, "I'm tired now Mommy. Put me to bed." She's always been my little sleeper.

We sit in her rocking chair and read two stories from her Beginner's Bible. Then we say her prayers and sing Jesus Loves Me and Jesus Loves the Little Children. When she wasn't feeling well I would rock her a little longer and sing some of my favorite hymns. And now some nights she requests it, "Mommy can you sing longer and sing all the Jesus songs?" I cherish that time by the soft glow of the nightlight with her curled up in my lap (I love that she still fits), singing softly, and kissing the top of her head.

I love these quiet moments when the rest of the world just fades away and all is well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You don't know me but I am friends of the Sarine's. I just wanted you to know I am praying for Julia and you all during this journey you are on. I have a 2 1/2 year old also so I think of you all everyday. I pray for Julia's comfort and your understanding in all of this. Just wanted you to know someone else is praying for you all and keeping Julia close to heart.