Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Julia

I can't believe how fast Julia is growing up...3 is right around the corner!

The other day when I was doing her hair she told me she need two ponytails like Allison wears (because she was coming over). I told her I would try and was shocked when her hair fit into two pigtails. I love it up like this!

And don't tell her, but they make her so cute I have a hard time telling her no :)

She has really taken an interest lately in doing school with us. Here's what she made one morning this week. I love her people. She uses her wipe off board and draws each person in the family- describing them while she does it- toddler honesty can be quite funny and humbling :) This one was Daddy with his happy and sad smile. (He likes to make faces.) She's also had a thing for glue lately. She wants to use it like paint which can be quite messy, so I thought it would be better to give her something to glue- much better. Then she said she was going to practice her letters. She has actually learned to recognize quite a few of them (we're not sure how). She started writing and then said she was making 'Hs'. Sure enough she did! I was shocked. I don't know if you can see them......
We're also working on her name and I found this great idea using milk tops. (I love the little basket, too- only $1 at ACMoore!!). It holds all the letters for her first and last name. We have two strips- one with each name spelled out- for her to match.

After her bath, she was helping me get school stuff ready for the next day and started writing 'Hs' again. She is so proud of herself. I can't believe how big she is already. Where did the baby go?!
Though having two kids potty-trained is very easy to get used to :)

No comments: