Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Teaching Tray Tuesday
I was curious what the kids would think of this one. We bought the funnels on our most recent trip to IKEA and Carter has been begging to use them. I took 4 empty glass baby food jars (same size). Then I cut a piece of electrical tape into strips and marked off fill lines at varying heights. They use a small pitcher to fill the jars and a wooden mallet to tap them. After his first try Carter put them in order from highest to lowest, which he said was also loudest to softest. We also have a sponge for spills. Julia loved it just as much when she tried it after her nap.
This idea came from a preschool teacher we know. We have been saving the foam for a long time and I let Carter play with it when Daddy is working in the garage. I never thought to move it indoors until I saw it on someone's blog. This was a big hit. The kids loved getting their Handy Manny tools in on the action :)
We pulled out the bean tray again this week after we got new set of child-size kitchen tools at IKEA. One of their favorites is actually the tea pincer spoon infuser. (I looked that one up. I just knew you put tea leaves in it.) They love to squeeze the handles and scoop almost anything- beans, toys, dinner...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment