My morning started praying for Timothy and Stellan, whom God has done some amazing things for today. Julia had an appointment for an ultrasound and VCUG to check on the back-to-back UTIs she's had this month. Carter was being picked up by Emily to go to Bible study with his friends. I figured we all be home after lunch in time for nap and school. Not exactly...
They did Julia's ultrasound and when the tech finished she brought in a radiologist who repeated the scan. I could tell they were looking for something, but they said her kidney was hard to picture on one side. They sent us to the waiting room, then came out to say she didn't need the second, more invasive test. Part of me was relieved, but cautious. They sent us across the street to the pediatrician's office. When the doctor walked in, he told us they had found a tumor on her left side. He was on the phone with Brenner's to find out the plan. In seconds we were handed her chart, told to pick up her scan CD, and head to the 9th floor to be admitted to Brenner's oncology. It was a surreal moment. You hear it and I knew what they were saying, but when I walked out I felt my arms go weak. I put her in her carseat and stood in the rain and cried. This was really happening. I feel peace about her and this situation, I just ache for what she will now go through. It's a burden we carry as moms. We feel our kids pain for them.
I am so thankful for the ways I have already seen God's hand in this. After diagnosing her first ever UTI the doctor wanted to schedule the ultrasound and VCUG. I have to say I was hesitant to do something so involved for one infection. Can't we just wait. I seriously considered telling them 'no' when they called us to set it up. Last Friday she came to me and said her stomach hurt again and it hurt to pee. I took her in for what turned out to be her second UTI and the tests were scheduled on the spot. God gave me His definite answer. Had we not had the scan today this would not have been found. They didn't feel it in the exam and she is acting completely normal. But we did and we found it and now we're right where we need to be.
Billy and I packed all our things and headed to Brenner's this afternoon. They took us right in to her room and the doctor came in to talk to us. They wanted to repeat the ultrasound to explore more and take their own pictures. They explained to us what they were seeing. There is a round bumpy mass, 7cm wide, on her left kidney. They scheduled her for a full, sedated CT scan tomorrow of her chest andomen, and pelvis. This way they will have a complete picture to work with as they plan for likely surgery.
We have had complete peace since arriving here. It is an amazing place and I have total confidence in the medical care she receives, but more importantly- we have been completely covered in prayer by so many since literally the second we received the news. Intercessory prayer is a force you must feel to fully understand. We have been living in 'the zone' as I call it. There are no what ifs or worries, just right now. We color, we play, we eat, we watch our favorite shows- and we face things one step at a time. I have not shed a tear since we arrived. Thank you all! I know I need to do this for her and I couldn't do it woithout the love, support, and prayers from all of you.
Thank you we love you all and thank you for your love for our family!
10 comments:
Amber- thank you for taking the time to post. All of you, especially JuJu, have been on my mind and in my prayers since you first posted on FB today. I pray you will have peace and comfort during this time of waiting and determining next steps. We all love you...sending BIG hugs from afar!
Amber, thank you for posting this. We will certainly be praying for your family and for JuJu. Please let me know if I can help in any way. We're just around the corner from you guys. Please keep us posted. Sending you love and lots of hugs!
We are praying! Please don't hesitate to let us know how we can help.
Amber, we are praying at our house for your sweet family and for little JuJu. I'm so relieved to read that you feel God's Hand in all this. What a wonderful thing; to have peace in the midst of a raging storm!
Kev and I are in constant prayer for you guys. I keep reminding myself that "God is in Control". Nothing surprises Him. He will carry you all the way.
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Oh my goodness, Amber.
We will keep you all in our prayers, esp Julia! Thanks for the updates. Love, The Orbke's
Amber we are praying for you. It broke my heart to hear the news. Please let us know if you need anything at all.
Hi Amber, Diana B shared your blog w/ the staff today. I read about your daughter and then read the blog entry - Abide w/ Me. Wow. to think that you wrote that on the morning of the day you got the news about Julia. I can see how HE was preparing you over the last few months for the journey you are just now entering w/ Julia. Please know that I will be praying for you and your family. Lori Lewey
We have been holding you all, as well as the medical staff, in our prayers since we heard the news. There are many of us out there who would love to help with anything, so don't hesitate to say if you need something. We pray for continuing peace in all of this, and praise God for the peace you already feel.
Christina & Jonathan Soto
Amber, you are all in our thoughts and prayers. We have sent this as a prayer request over our networks. Thank you for your beautiful testimony. May you continually feel God's love, grace and presence. Shary Rendall
Post a Comment