Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Teaching Tray Tuesday

It's Tuesday, so here are three more trays.....

I love these half-sheet cupcake pans. They are just the right size for so many things (I know a lot of people feed their kids lunch in these once a week. A great way to get them to try new things. You can also revolve the foods around a color or theme of the day.) Both the kids love to sort. We have two containers to sort- one with 6 kinds of pasta and one with 6 kinds of beans. We also move beyond the obvious and sort by size, color, type, etc.
This is one of their favorites. It's just a tray full of beans to pour, scoop, dump, pretend to cook, etc. It's amazing how much fun they have with this and the things they think of to play.
I'm not sure what the fascination is, but kids love to drop things into slots. We used empty Gerber Graduate containers and poker chips for this one. They sort, drop, estimate, and count them.

No comments: