Sunday, March 29, 2009

Morning

We started our day around 5am. Julia tried to sleep, but startles a lot which is really painful. When she cries, then she coughs which also hurts. I tried holding her still, but it only worked for a little while. So we only had about 2 hours of sleep. Then she decided she wanted to watch 'Little Einsteins' which seems to be one of her most effective pain treatments so far.

The surgeons came by early and will likely start Toradol today for pain relief. Her spirit is willing to try and move more, but her body just can't. It turns out the Benadryl orders were PRN, not scheduled, so I was supposed to ask every 6 hours- unfortunately no one told me that. Hopefully we can get her some relief soon.

They are going to try to take out the foley catheter and extra IV today- leaving just the portacath- which has not been red since you all started praying. Tomorrow we hope to get rid of the epidural and NG tube.

We pray for a better schedule of pain relief and some good, peaceful sleep today.

1 comment:

heidisll4u said...

Amber we r praying for you. I'm so glad they gave Juju some morphine. Praying she will rest comfortably...we will continue to lift your whole family..Thankyou for ypou faitfulness to keeping us informed about Juju and Carter. When I head to church I'm going to talk with the pastor. Continue to saty stong in the faith and know Jesus is enough!!!!