Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Out of the Mouths of Babes

When I was brushing Julia's hair this morning (part of our very limited personal hygiene routine), I said, "Hopefully we can wash you soon and get you clean." (she hasn't had a bath since last Wednesday)

She answered, "Mommy, I don't want to go in the dryer."

She thought 'wash' meant the washer and dryer :)

Though that might be what it takes to get all this sticky tape residue off of her!

2 comments:

Terri said...

Hi Amber. I have been following Julia's progress (came over from Timothy's blog).

Trust me when I say that the tape they use in the hospital is of Satan. Your nurse should be able to get you something called "Medi-Sol Adhesive Remover". It is a spray and smells like citrus. It works well, especially removing the tape that holds the IVs and such. It loosens it completely and the tape slides off.

I will continue to pray for your family.

Debby Webb said...

She and Evan are in( or not in) the same state of dirtyness. He had his circumcision last week and hasn't had a bath since. I suppose I have wiped him off a bit but I suppose I should clean him soon.

No meeting with the surgeon? I will pray that they do not make you wait too long.